This presentation has been created for audiences that participate in the Life Lessons Over Lunch (LLoL) program. The LoLL program is part of North Point Ministries (Alpharetta, GA) outreach program. There are over 400 LLoL groups located across the country and overseas. Individual groups meet regularly, share a free lunch, and watch videos or listen to speakers discuss a wide variety of topics of interest to the group. Open dialogue is encouraged during these informal meetings. Information about the program can be found at https://lifelessonsoverlunch.com/about-us.
This presentation is based on articles and other presentations included in the www.CxO-Atlas.com website. Access to all content and website registration is absolutely free. The website contains over 620 short articles covering many aspects of starting and running a business. The target audiences include entrepreneurs, CxOs, and senior staff members of private companies. Most articles are two pages in length and can be read in two or three minutes. Think of the site as an operational reference guide. This presentation and an accompanying text document that contains notes for each slide can be downloaded by any register website user. Instructions on how to register for the site are included at the end of this article.
This presentation was created during the initial onset of the COVID-19 virus in the United States. In the last week or so, the stock market has seen its worst decline ever. Virtually all public events have been cancelled, and many businesses have been forced to close down or dramatically curtail their operations. In addition to the tactically and strategically prudent steps that are being taken, irrational behaviors have also occurred. The hoarding of toilet paper is probably the largest and most outrageous action that has been taken.
Clearly, every business manager and owner is attempting to determine what to do in these unprecedented times. No one knows, especially the talking heads that are constantly on the 24 hour “news” channels, how long this situation will last or how severe it will be. Uncertainty is the only thing that is certain.
Businesses need to avoid the natural knee-jerk reaction that is easy to follow. As the title of this presentation says, the challenge is to navigate THRU these uncharted waters instead of focusing on working IN them.
Quick Guide to Access an Article
- Click on the small Magnifying Glass located to the right of the LOGIN/JOIN button located on the far righthand side of the top menu on the home page.
Or click on https://cxo-atlas.com/search/index
- In the Search Article Number field, enter the desired article number.
- Click Apply.
- Scroll down and click on the article title that is shown.
- The article will be displayed.
- If only a partial article number is entered, all of the articles that contain that partial number will be listed.
This Search technique can be used to display a list of articles in a particular Volume, Chapter, and Sector by making sequential (Volume, Chapter, and Sector) selections in each search box.
To Register on the Site to Download Articles, Tools, and Presentations
- Click on the LOGIN/JOIN button located on the upper righthand section of the Home Page header.
- Click on Sign Up shown in the lower righthand portion of the Sign in page.
- Enter a username, company name, and valid email address on the Sign Up page and click Sign up.
- You will be taken to the Home Page and the following message will be displayed below the Home Page header.
“You have signed up successfully. We have sent email with system generated password. The email may be in your Spam folder.”
- Check your email (especially the Spam Folder) for the registration email and create a new password.
- Log into the site using your email address and newly created password.